Big Changes are Big News
Keeping you updated on the latest changes that affect the way you maintain your license and credentials:
- The required number of test questions per CE credit for homestudies has been reduced . You will find AHEC has already and is implementing these changes. (This is great)
- You may now take the same CE homestudy over again in a subsequent biennium. This requires a new certificate, of course. Do you have a favorite? Check to see if it’s still approved and you can refresh your skills.
Advanced Level Exam Changes
- Jan 1, 2016: You need 16 hours of structured education that pertains to the discipline prior to applying for the exam (Category A or A+)
- Jan 1, 2018: those 16 hours must cover at least 1 hour of each major category of exam content
- AHEC is providing these courses in live events and also through simulcast to your home or office via your computer. Register now for June, 2016 class.
News for CT Technologists
- Joint Commission requires diagnostic CT technologist to hold advanced CT certification from ARRT or NMTCB, or hold:
- A state license permitting CT exams & documented CT exam training
- An ARRT registration & certification in radiography & documented CT exam training
- An ARRT (N) or NMTCB certification & documented CT exam training
- BY Jan 1, 2018 all CT technologists must have documented training preparing them for the advanced level exam
- The new term is you must be “registry ready” is permeating the industry and is found in all job descriptions.